Wondering What To Do – DeeDee

Dee Dee, Advice Columnist

Hey there DeeDee,
I have a girl that I like and I’m wondering how can I get her to notice me. When she looks at me I smile at her and we sometimes walk together. I feel like talking to her but I don’t know how to. If you can give me some help on how to talk to her I would appreciate it and I would do whatever you tell me to do.

Thank you so much,
Wondering What to Do

Hello Wondering What to Do,
Talking to someone you’re attracted to can be nerve-wracking, especially if you have no idea what you’re doing. If you’re having trouble communicating with your crush, it is important to learn how to find your voice. It is also important that you get comfortable, and talk to her as soon as possible. Here are 5 steps for you to follow on how to talk to her.

1. Develop your interests
It doesn’t have to be a hard task to find things to talk about, but you do need to have passions and interests. A person who can talk naturally about things he’s interested in is always better conversation than someone armed with pre-written prompts and a vague hope of getting a date.

2. Practice saying things out loud
Get used to talking, or you’ll never be able to talk well. One of the easiest and simplest things you can do to improve your comfort level is simply to say things aloud to yourself. This helps you get comfortable with the sound of your own voice, and with speaking rather than simply responding to others.

3. Stay prepared
If you want to make a good impression on a girl, the very least you can do is control your behavior and your hygiene.
Keep up a daily hygiene regimen of showering, face cleaning, tooth brushing, and hair care. Wear deodorant. Clip your fingernails regularly. If you wear cologne, remember: less is more. Spray enough onto your wrists and the base of your neck that you can smell it from a foot or two away at most, but no more. Good cologne will dry down and last several hours; there is no need to overdo it.

4. Make your approach and talk the talk
Whenever you see a good opportunity to speak to your crush alone for a moment, even if other people are around, step up and do it. Get her attention. Call her name, and look happy to see her. By now, you should be comfortable talking to girls, and confident that you’re an interesting person with things to say on a variety of subjects. Ask her about people and places you both know. Respond lightly when she answers your questions, and use gentle humor to offer your opinions.

5. Stay positive
Smile and don’t be afraid to look at her while she’s talking. Remember the old saying: “Laugh and the world laugh with you; cry and you cry alone.” We make our best impressions when we make others feel happy to be around us.

These five steps should help you get over that hurdle, and take the initiative.
I’m sure you will have success with these 5 steps. I’m always here if you need me.

You got this!
Sincerely,
DeeDee