Dear DeeDee

DeeDee, Advice Columnist

Dear DeeDee,

School is going okay. I’ve been keeping my grades but starting to slack on my homework, and basketball season has ended. The more I slack the harder it is to make it up.

It’s also difficult for me to stay organized because my father and I have been struggling to find a house for about a year and a half, and we move a lot. It’s difficult for me to keep up with all of my items that I constantly move around for everyday use.

It’s also really hard to stay awake sometimes. It seems that no matter how much I sleep I am still always tired. Do you think maybe my diet is bad?

Basketball season just ended and I am really sad and already miss it. We really did have a nice season.

D.L.

Dear D. L.

Slacking is not good, especially during high school. If you want to succeed, you will need to get your work done and do not let anything get in the way of being able to achieve your goals.

Be supportive of your father, it may be hard right now, but later on, it will be worth it once you get past the struggle. Just think positive for a better outcome.

Try to keep the things you know you will need every day in one place so it won’t be hard for you to find them.

Sometimes our body gets used to us not being active when we sleep, so that is why you always feel tired. We make the mistake of giving our bodies too much rest that it starts asking for it when we are up on the go. I suggest you just get the hours of sleep that you need and make your time valuable.

Try out other sports that can keep you busy while you wait for basketball season to come around again.

Things will get better.

Yours truly,

DeeDee.

1 Comment

One Response to “Dear DeeDee”

1. Angelina Sanchez on April 5th, 2016 10:44

I understand the struggle of keeping up with school assignments and slacking off, when I first started school I expected to always get help and attention, but that isn’t the case. It took me awhile to get used to this new environment and realize that I was on my own when it came down to me making the right choices and realizing what a mistake like slacking off would provoke. Having after school activities can make you stay on task and help you improve in your responsibilities.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The online edition of San Diego High School's newspaper
Dear DeeDee