Caver Comeback!

Jose Gomez, staff writer, returning sophmore

The school year at San Diego High is coming to an end, and the 2016 football season will start. This season will be the year the Cavers will go to the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF).

The off-season players have been training to reach that goal with the help of head coach Charles James. Spring ball started on May 16, and it ends on the last day of this 2016 school year.

It is an intense training for all of the SDHS student athletes. The next football season is going to be the comeback of the Cavers defeats from the past. This next season is when San Diego High will be recognized as a champion team.

During the summer, the football team will work on the routes, passes, blocks, and runs. The offense, defense, and the special team players have been working hard to get back to Division 1.

All students can still participate in the offseason training every Monday through Thursday from 2:45 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Student-athletes must meet up at Assistant Head Coach Pham’s class in room 110 to sign in. All athletes are required to have a plain white shirt, black shorts, and cleats or else they will run the mile.

Tryouts are coming up soon, and the most intense training will be during the summer.

The first game will be up against Mar Vista High at San Diego High on August 28, 2016.